Adding hardwood floors, or refinishing the ones you may have hidden under the carpet or vinyl tile, will bring a TIMELESS ELEGANCE and CHARM to your home. Testind by leading allergists shows that wood flooring provides homes with substantially healthier environment than homes with other types of flooring, especially for individuals with asthma and other respiratory problems. Bacteria, dust and dirt do not become embedded in wood flooring as they do in carpeting. Hardwood floors trap less pollen, mites and mold than many other flooring alternatives, and they do not harbor animal dander. A large number of Americans are affected by house dust, which can cause itchy eyes, sneezing, rashes, breathing difficulties and sinus troubles because of trapped pollens and molds in carpets, upholstery and curtains. Hardwood floors can be cleaned more thoroughly than carpeting , and they have a very durable surface that is easy to maintain. When properly cared for, hardwood floors are extremely resistant to mildew and other types of problems commonly associated with carpeting.
Hardwood floors come in a large variety of species, styles, lengths and widths. The most popular species, such as oak, pine, ash and maple, are to achieve a traditional, warm, homey feeling. Cherry, teak, bamboo, cypress and mahogany floors are to bring to your home that modern and exotic look. This large selection of hardwood floors can be very confusing for the homeowners. Rest assured that with our free, in home consultation we will make this process a smooth and fun experience.
We install top quality, highly durable and extremely affordable wood floors:
Typically, polyurethane surface finishes are the main types of hardwood floors finishes we work with since they are highly water and wear resistant. Finishes are either oil or water based, and both are equally durable and eliminated the need for waxing the floors.
- Solid floors - most common type of hardwood floors. Solid hardwood flooring is milled from one piece of wood. It can be sanded and refinished several times. A very popular choice are the Oak floors.
- Plank floors - are similar to solid floors, but the boards are wider.
- Engineered floors - scientifically design with a real hardwood layer set atop multiple cross-grain plies that work together to offset the natural movement of real wood. Because wood expands and contracts in the direction of the grain, one layer stabilizes the next, resulting in a product that is less susceptible to the effects of moisture and temperature change. Excellent choice for installation below grade, over concrete or radiant heat source, and in challenging climates.
- Handscraped solid / Engineered floors - has a natural worn appearance. They look like floors from the days when floors were finished by hand. For engineered products the top hardwood layer or veneer is handscraped after being added to the multi-ply, dimensionally stable core.
- Cork floors - combines the beauty of a natural material with the comfort of a cushioned surface. It is durable, acoustical and a great insulator.
- Bamboo floors - economical choice for those who desire the rich, exotic look of bamboo.
- Prefinished floors - the individual boards of a prefinished floor are sanded and finished at the factory. The installation is fast, clean, dust-free. There's no more time-consuming sanding or varnishing, just install and enjoy.
When you are choosing hardwood floors for your home, you are also choosing the ideal flooring option for your pet's little accidents. Hardwood does not harbor fleas, mites and other pests that can harm your dog or cat. Cleaning hardwood is a breeze, and pets love the cool feel of hardwood flooring.
- Oil-based polyurethane - most widely used. The application takes somewhat longer, due to increased drying time. The result is a smooth glossy surface with the warm, amber glow usually associated with hardwood flooring.
- Water-based polyurethane - low odor, quick drying, and reveal more of the wood natural color. However, they typically cost more than oil-based finishes.
At R.V. Midwest Construction there is no project too big or too small!
Call us today @ 847-729-4ART for a FREE, NO OBLIGATION in home consultation.
Chicago & North Shore's Remodeling and Hardwood Floors Specialists